Share article How to Replace HP Pavilion DV6 Keyboard: This guide can work on HP Pavilion DV6 series, include DV6-1000, DV6-1100, DV6-1200, DV ...
This guide can work on HP Pavilion DV6 series, include DV6-1000, DV6-1100, DV6-1200, DV6-1300, DV6-2000, and DV6T, DV6Z. More compatible model numbers, you can refer to HP Pavilion DV6 keyboard.
1. Turn off your HP Pavilion DV6, disconnect the power adapter and remove the battery.
2. Remove 5 screws from the bottom of the case (as shown). These screws hold the keyboard cover in place.
3. Remove 4 more screws (as shown). These screws hold the HP Pavilion DV6 Keyboard into place.
4. Turn over the laptop and pry up on the keyboard cover (the plastic panel that sits right above the keyboard). Now that the screws have been removed, just plastic tabs hold it into place.
5. Now carefully lift up on the keyboard cover as shown. This will expose the three remaining screws holding down the keyboard. These screws are outlined below.
6. Carefully flip the keyboard over so you can access the connector holding the keyboard cable.
7. carefully lift the black plastic tab of the connector to unlock the keyboard cable. Now, remove the cable and your done.
Reverse procedure to install your new HP Pavilion DV6 Keyboard.