Wednesday 16 may
In this guide, the acutal laptop is Lenovo Thinkpad X60.
First of all, shut down your Thinkpad X60. Disconnect the AC adapter
and remove the battery
1. Remove all screws shown in the picture. If you just want to replace the Thinkpad X60 keyboard or the cell on the motherboard, you only need to unscrew the screws in red cycles. The screws
in yellow cycles secure the DIMM cover, and the screw in green cycle secures the hard disk drive slot cover. The screws in blue cycles secure the keyboard bezel. If thinkpad X61, the screws
are different, just remove all the secrews on the bottom.
2. Remove all screws and remove the DIMM cover.
3. Remove the keyboard. You can refer to another post How to Replace
Lenovo / IBM Thinkpad X60 X61 Keyboard
4. Unscrews the five screws in blue cycles and unplug the palm rest cable.
5. Now, you can remove the keyboard bezel. Disconnect the video cable, unplug the Modem cable, tear the tape fixing the wireless wan cable, then unplug the wireless wan
6. All cables were unplugged.
7. Now, take out the motherboard.
8. Turn over the motherboard you can access the whole cooling module. Unscrew the four screws, and unplug the fan cable, you can remove the
thinkpad X60 fan and heatsink
If you just want to replace the fan, you can unscrew four screws on the fan, then you can take down the fan.
Reverse the procedure to install the new thinkpad X60
fan and assemble your laptop.
Don't forgot to apply thermal grease on chips of the heatsink.
Posted in: Lenovo/IBM