First of all, please turn off your Gateway NV52L NV55S NV56R NV57H NV75S NV77Hseiies, disconnect the power adapter and remove the battery.
1. Remove two screws (A) as shown. Remove door from lower cover, then slide HDD module away from mainboard connector.
2. Remove screw from lower cover as shown. To remove ODD module, push from HDD bay.
3. Remove sixteen screws (A) and eight screws (B) from lower cover.
4.Separate the upper cover from the lower cover through HDD bay opening.
5. Put palmrest on Gateway NV52L NV55S NV56R NV57H NV75S NV77H keyboard. Release touchpad FFC from touchpad module connector. Remove palmrest from lower cover
6. Remove screw (C) from upper cover
7. Starting from ODD module bay, separate upper cover from lower cover.
8.Move uppder cover until Gateway NV52L NV55S NV56R NV57H NV75S NV77H keyboard FPC(E) and power board FFC (F) cables are visible
Disconnect keyboard FPC (E) from mainboard connector (G).
Disconnect power board FFC(F) from mainboard connector (H).
Remove upper cover from lower cover
9.Peel back mylar as required.
Remove three screws (A), two screws(B), and five screws (C) from keyboard
Slide keyboard support plate toward top edge (D) of upper cover.
Remove keyboard support plate (E) from upper cover.
10. Remove Gateway NV52L NV55S NV56R NV57H NV75S NV77H keyboard from upper cover.
Reverse the procedure to install your new Gateway NV52L NV55S NV56R NV57H NV75S NV77H keyboard.